Due to the very real danger that COVID-19 presents to our staff and clients, the Lincoln County Office of Legal Aid Services of Oregon is taking the following precautions, effective immediately:
- We are limiting public access to our office until further notice. We encourage clients and potential clients as well as the general public seeking legal information to contact us by phone or email.
- At the moment, we will be staffing our office from 10am—2 pm on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, to receive phone calls and email messages. We will return phone calls and respond to voice mail and email messages when we are able to do so—which may be outside of the listed hours.
- For those individuals who are completely without access to computers or telephones, they may knock on our door during the hours mentioned above. If one of our staff members is present, we will speak to that person from behind the closed door, for the protection of all concerned.
- If people need to send us documents, we prefer that they be sent by email to email@example.com or faxed to 541.265.9356.
- We prefer to not receive documents slipped under our door or sent by US mail but we understand that may be necessary for those without access to technology.
- Our outer lobby/information kiosk will still be available 24/7 and is stocked with our most commonly requested pamphlets and self-help material.
- Our website, oregonlawhelp.org, has much of this same information and more.
- Given the quickly evolving nature of this public health crisis, our protocols are subject to change without notice.
We understand that this will dramatically affect how we provide services in the short run but we also recognize our responsibilities to our clients, our community and ourselves. Based on currently available information, the best way to combat this crisis is to “flatten the curve” and slow the rate that the virus spreads. Reducing the risk and rate of infection requires that we all drastically limit in-person interactions.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Wishing us all the best,
Blair Bobier, Attorney at Law
Regional Director/Lincoln County Office
PO Box 1970
Newport, OR 97365